• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford e-250 front springs in an xj ?

thicky

NAXJA Forum User
i have a stock 91 4.0 5 speed that i picked up for 500 bucks. i want to do a cheap lift on it. my buddy has a set of 3/4 ton van springs that had a v-10 engine in it. ive read on here about guys puttn f-150 truck springs in xj's but i was just wondering if any of you have used e-250 van springs and how much lift it gave you? and i know it will ride a little rougher but im a dude and i think i can handle it lol. thanks in advance.

I'm running F150 springs and yes it is stiff. But when you load on the beef it ride more like a, well Jeep LOL.

My F-150 springs ride fine. I've run lift coils and leaves from 2-8" in various rigs and to me other than being a LITTLE bit stiffer the F-150 springs are great in an XJ. I think most folks remove them due to getting 'inchitis' and stock f-150 springs only get you 3" + or -. Come take a ride in mine if you have doubts. :)

That being said...look up what the springs rates are for F-150 springs since we know those are a somewhat "popular" (if you can call it that) swap...vs the E-250 springs.

I am thinking they will work but if the spring rate is significantly more...you may want to go a different route.

For sure there is more then one F150 spring out there. Best to do your home work first. Me and Google are the best of buddys.
If your looking for big flex and/or a good ride. Go with longer springs with a little incress in spring rate. If fex or ride is not a problem or if you run very heavy like me. Go stiff.
Me and my two sons = 860 pounds, add in camping gear and the F150 springs are about right for me.

Last edited:
Well I installed the e350 springs and a 4:10 axle in the front last night getting an 8.8 for the rear today ill post how awesome the ride is in a few days when I can drive it again. Lol

ok so after several set backs and a very wet winter i finaly got to try out my xj last sat. in the woods and it did ride stiffer than a stock xj me or my buddy neither one thought it was very bad at all. i think it rides better than his yj with 4.5 lift. and no football mouth piece needed lol

Back