• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo light dead

crimsondragon

NAXJA Forum User
I burned up the cargo light a few months ago. Didn't really much care for it but it made looking for tools in the back harder. I would like to get it replace but it seems nobody has one, not even ebay. It's not a switch problem but rather where the power harness plugs into, one of the prongs base has melted. I would assume this is the cargo hatch power. So I can salvage the switch and even the harness still has power going to it though badly burned, but the male end is dead. Anyone know if other vehicles used our setup? I did a vague search and it seems as if the Grand's and Liberties come close though not exact. This is for a 98 XJ btw.

I look at and take home any good ones from the junkyard. About half of them show signs of melt damage.

I would think that with a bit of wire and a soldering iron you can make something work.

Back