• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Mine
Keeping my cancer at bay..(winning so far)
Getting back to work so i can buy a newer jeep..(XJ)
Enjoying my life with my family and friends :wave:

Mine
Keeping my cancer at bay..(winning so far)
Getting back to work so i can buy a newer jeep..(XJ)
Enjoying my life with my family and friends :wave:
Thats good to hear about the cancer. I hope the treatments help even more to get rid of it all. Family and friends help alot and good luck looking for another XJ.

I didnt know you had Cancer Scott. Im glad you have beaten it so far and i hope you continue to do so. MAy i ask what kind of Cancer you have?

I need to visit your side of the world. Im thinking this year is gonna be a tough one for me financially but ill get through it somehow.

New years resolution is to get rid of all my debt and start fresh. That and ride my MTB more.

My resolution will be the same as every year: A resolution to make no other resolution than one "to make no resolutions"!

Confused yet? =)

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to good health, happiness, and maybe a little more prosperity for us all!

To actually put all the parts on my jeep that i have saved up.

good luck, i've had enough parts to finish mine four times now and I keep ending up having to sell them off before I can get them on :flamemad:

I'd like to get my family out of this apartment and into a house again by the end of the year, that is my main focus right now.

finish my xj, uh huh

Try to fit into my pants that fit me last year. This whole weight gaining thing is getting old. I'm too poor to buy a new wardrobe. I NEED to fit into what I have.

This is basically what I sent a few friends:

Exercise 30 minutes 6 days a week. Pretty much anything counts as long as my heart rate elevates some and I’m using my muscles. Saturday I ran around in the snow for an hour playing with Levi and sledding. Yep, that counts. I guess I should add that at least one of these days has to be a family thing or with Levi at the very least.

Drop weight to at least 210. Currently around 230. I’d like to be under 2 Bills, but I’m not sure how realistic that is. (Edit: 235 and 28.5% body fat this afternoon).

I’d like to run more/some. So maybe at least one run a week, as long as I’m not injured. I hurt my hamstring twice last year and both of them took about a month to feel good again. Not sure exactly what I did, but I think it was from doing Yoga and not sure what caused it, but likely a muscle imbalance or some other injury that I haven’t dealt with that is causing it to get hurt when doing Yoga. Not sure what to do to make it better.

I’ve been enjoying bouldering this fall and would like to keep climbing. Bouldering works better than roped climbing for my schedule because Levi can tag along better and it doesn’t take as long to get a complete workout in. I’d like to be able to boulder V5 again, but that might be too easy, so my goal would be to do a V6 that I haven’t done previously (not sure how many of those there are, but not many, but still, it should be a problem I don’t know).

The daily exercise will certainly be the hardest but I think I can squeeze in a half hour before work in the morning without waking Levi and without having to disrupt the family schedule too much. So far I've done this the last couple of days and it's worked okay. Hopefully I can be consistent and make it part of my morning routine.

~R

Back