• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need skids.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to order Rusty's xfer case,gas tank and engine/tranny skids but didn't want to pay $150 for shipping so does anyone have them for sale or know a place locally to avoid shipping?Thanks

I was going to order Rusty's xfer case,gas tank and engine/tranny skids but didn't want to pay $150 for shipping so does anyone have them for sale or know a place locally to avoid shipping?Thanks

What's up with their shipping prices? I just went to order their HD lower control arm axle mounts for $60 and they wanted another $40 to ship them and $70 for 2-day shipping. They could fit in a tiny box and shouldn't be more than a few bucks. That makes no sense. It seems like they are gouging people on shipping just to make a little more money. Whatever the reason, they lost my business.

does their engine skid fit with a lift? I thought they did not

I remember the same thing two years ago looking at there lift, they wanted way to much for shipping. I went with a RE kit instead back then. I mean I can ship a bumper to NY for $90...

If you have any part # you want me to see if I can get them local let me know.

I found a guy on CL with the stock gas tank skid.Isn't that metal too thin or should I go for it?

Stock tank skid's good, I've abused mine in a number of rigs. But...there are two different ones. One for the older style metal gas tank, and one for the newer ones with the plastic gas tank. Make sure it's the right one for your rig. The older one for metal tanks is much more commonly found, for some reason.

You need to get the nutserts out of the "frame rails", too. They're flat strips of metal with nuts welded to them, they slide into the "frame rail" pockets and that's what the tank skid bolts into thru the prefab holes in the rails. If the guy on CL doesn't have them, there are a few folks on here who may be able to fab them up or have them stockpiled. Otherwise you get to go hunting thru junkyards!

Ok I bought the stock one from CL lastnight.I might be intrested in the belly one but I think Rustys is bigger and covers a bit more.What are you asking for it?

Last edited:
I have a Rusty's engine skid if your still lookin

PM me if so.

Back