• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need someone with welding skills asap!!

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the deal. My Jeep got into some more road carnage today. This time it wasn't a mud slide that did it under but icy roads. I already posted pics of my destroyed tire and rim. Once I was able to really look at the Jeep up close I realized I had more issues then a ruinded tire and rim. My steering is all jacked up (which I will fix later) my axle is now bent (which will have to get fixed soon, but my top priority is my lower control arm axle side mount. The impact of going off the highway and slamming into a ditch pushed the axle back and the weakest link was the control arm bracket and it just folded. I badly need someon to help me weld on a new one. I can grind off the old one but I don't have the skills to weld on a new one. The welds that are holding the mount on now are cracking on one side and I really don't feel it is safe to drive so I need someone to come to me with skills and a portable welder. I would be happy to pay you. I will check this thread as much as I can but I have to work on my wifes new WJ and get the heater working so we can drive it so if your willing to help you probably just want to call me and talk in person. My cell is (909) 238-3333. Here's the pics of the damage.
6.jpg

5.jpg

I would love to give you a hand but I'm in the same boat as you with work and baby duty. If ya need to use my welder let me know.

If I had any welding skills then I would take you up on your offer, but when it comes to welding mounts onto an axle you really need to know what your doing and I don't.

I'm trying to order a new mount but all the sites say "Left" side or "Right" side. What the hell? Why not use "Driver" side and "passenger" side. I don't know which is the left and right side. If your in front of the vehicle compared to siting in the driver seat it changes what left and right is. My damaged mount is the passenger side so is that the left or right side? My guess is the left side but I want clarification before I order the mount.

I'm trying to order a new mount but all the sites say "Left" side or "Right" side. What the hell? Why not use "Driver" side and "passenger" side. I don't know which is the left and right side. If your in front of the vehicle compared to siting in the driver seat it changes what left and right is. My damaged mount is the passenger side so is that the left or right side? My guess is the left side but I want clarification before I order the mount.

Generally, right side should correspond to the passenger side, and left side to the driver's side.

David Bricker / SYR

I could bring my welder up one day, Though i would really recommend taking both mounts off and replacing both for strength.

I'm one step ahead of you. I ordered both mounts just a few minutes ago. When could you come up?

I'm one step ahead of you. I ordered both mounts just a few minutes ago. When could you come up?

Anytime, I was planning to go to Lucerne valley on the 1st but low on funds... So I could swing by saturday maybe.

Are they stock mounts or HD? If you can cancel the order I can plasma cut some out of 1/4" and bring them with me.

i have my 110 hotbox welder.. we can pump it out bro.. let me know... or give me a call i'm at work all night tonight

I do have a 110v Lincoln wire feed and i can weld. Bad part is i am booked up until the weekend, but if that can happen pm me if you still need my help. More than happy to help out a bro

Anytime, I was planning to go to Lucerne valley on the 1st but low on funds... So I could swing by saturday maybe.

Are they stock mounts or HD? If you can cancel the order I can plasma cut some out of 1/4" and bring them with me.

Saturday would be awesome. I ordered HD mounts but go ahead and cut some up as a back up in case mine havn't shown up yet. I will pay for the ones you make, your gas, and your labor. I will just sale the summit racing ones on here for a reduced price so I can recover some of that cost.

Wow man sorry to see all the carnage you have had lately! Wish this had happened yesterday I was off all-day today and could of come up and fixed it up for ya! Looks like you got it set up if you don't have it fixed by Tuesday next week get hold of me I'm off Wednesday and Thursday!

Wow man sorry to see all the carnage you have had lately! Wish this had happened yesterday I was off all-day today and could of come up and fixed it up for ya! Looks like you got it set up if you don't have it fixed by Tuesday next week get hold of me I'm off Wednesday and Thursday!

Thanks for the offer. If Max can't make it our for some reason and Steve is also tied up then I will definately hit you up.

Saturday would be awesome. I ordered HD mounts but go ahead and cut some up as a back up in case mine havn't shown up yet. I will pay for the ones you make, your gas, and your labor. I will just sale the summit racing ones on here for a reduced price so I can recover some of that cost.

Sounds good!

wilson fab works FTMFW and the rest of you guys are cool too :p

good way to look out for a fellow member guys, this is the side of NAXJA I like to see.

if you guys need some help or someone to point and laugh i will come too :p,

peace
ted

Back