• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Big Bear 4x4 Snow Run Jan. 8

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I'm really hoping to have my Jeep and and running to make this run. This is a good opportunity to meet some of the Forest Service personnel that are working hard to keep OUR trails open on the SBNF.

A 4x4 excursion will be launched in the San Bernardino Mountains on January 8, 2011! This will be a moderate four wheel drive tour with plenty of fun to offer to all that attend! Meeting at Big Bear Discovery Center at 0830 and departing at 0900. Be prepared for the challenges of driving through deep snow making our way from Big Bear Lake to Johnson Valley!

Together, we'll negotiate, articulate and maneuver our vehicles over some intermediate obstacles that exist deep within some remote canyons. Perhaps for a New Years treat, we can enjoy a hot lunch prepared and served to all that attend out in the great outdoors!

So, if you're interested, please come equipped and ready for action! Winter clothing, full tank of gas, camera, gloves (for some projects along the way), camp chairs, binoculars, food and plenty of drinking water.

If you'd like to RSVP, that's fine. Otherwise, I'll see you at Big Bear Discovery Center on January 8th!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Greg Hoffman

4wd? What kind of tires? Front and rear recovery points?

4wd with 4L option. 31" mud tires. Front and rear recovery point with shackles. The diff is open same is my XJ but this Durango gets stuck easier than my XJ.
PO20101120_0044.jpg

I'd say join us for the day. Of the two possible routes from BB to JV (I don't know which one Greg has in mind) there may be some potential for damage to the running boards. Thats the only potential issue I see.

I can't believe they actually make parts for that Durango! I had a 99 that was good for only pulling stuff since it had the 5.9 V8. I tried to drive up a small grassy hill once and it just wasn't happening.

Gonna try to make it up there. The one trail I know from BB to JV is Crab Flats to Rattlesnake Canyon.

Back