• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truckhaven GPS coordinates. (notches, arch)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
So my dad is going to truckhaven for new years with some folks and he asked me for some coords. He knows most of them and I think I found the arch, but I'm having a tough time finding some for the notches. I know how to get to them, but can't get any real coordinates. Anybody here have some or know who does? (looking at you Curt :D )

Shit, all i know is that its north or where we usually camp off of Marina rd. at least i think that's the name of the rd. You can't miss it as its just on the other side of the wash.

Are you talking about Fallen Arch
FallenArch.jpg

Here is coodinates from google earth
33°17'9.75"N
116° 6'25.49"W

Shit, all i know is that its north or where we usually camp off of Marina rd. at least i think that's the name of the rd. You can't miss it as its just on the other side of the wash.

That's pretty much what I told him, and it should be going off on New Years. He can just head north and look for the drunken idiots (it's what they all want to see haha). Even still though, if I can find some coords he'd be stoked.

Are you talking about Fallen Arch
FallenArch.jpg

Here is coodinates from google earth
33°17'9.75"N
116° 6'25.49"W

That's not the one I was talking about, but that looks awesome, and I'll give him those coords as well. The one I remember is on a trail, and you can drive under it, just barely with a lifted Jeep.

tds2009-12.jpg

That arch you are talking about Jim is next to the tether ball don't know the cords though sorry.

We don't need no STINK'N COORDINATES !!!

Jimbo
I hate the whole GPS thing... Boostamante is basically correct... IF !! you're talking the ones where every Jack Wagons gather on the busy weekends...
I'd have him exit at N.Marina Dr. take it W. at the point where he reaches the two mounds... the saddle back... Da bOObs there is a "Y" DON'T go through them... tell him to look out his Pass. window (almost N.)... head towards the first plateau he sees... they're at the base of that plateau, if he heads in a straight line he'll cross a wash (Palm Wash) and continue a few hundred yards & he'll drive right into The Crevasse's... The Notches... The Worm Holes... whatever you prefer. Hopefully the rain flushed the bottom out there hasn't bee much erosion as of late & the edges are rounded off allot.
There are several on the N. side of the previously mentioned plateau less of an attraction though...
The TWO arches are in the tight wash N. of the above mentioned plateau... one is easy to see as posted above with the Red YJ the other is down the wash and in a side wash. I can remember when the one posted wasn't even there... my two kids & another kid's faces were barely able to be seen through it... one good storm and some bashing then there was an "arch". The Tether-ball keeps disappearing, it's up the side wash from the above posted arch...
The posted section of canyon that caved in is WAY W. up by the Calcite Mine Rd. actually W. of it... and is closed to vehicles... it can be seen from the end of the trail though...

Things are changing down there... Ocotillo Wells & ABDSP recently reconfigured the boundaries a bit...

The boy driving... with Mom's help... arch #1
2hec4qu.jpg

Momma going through the other arch...
kcjadl.jpg

Have Fun !!!

Curt (aka The Mayor of Truckhaven)

Back