• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unhappy with Napa!

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my steering gearbox from Napa a few months ago and I went to get it replaced under warranty yesterday and they would not touch it without a receipt. WTF? Every other place I buy warranty parts keeps your info in the computer. Napa just lost a formerly loyal customer. It cost me $200 to get another gearbox at Pep Boys but they have me in their computer.

thats a crock of shit... i have returned plenty to napa with no receipt... but maybe this guy was just a prick... that whole ordeal is just messed up

Usually you can just have them look it up. I don't know about Napa's program they use but on ours if you type in the item number and look up when it was last sold it will come up. Tell them what day or week you bought it, what items you also bought with it if any, was it under a normal cash account or under a retail or commercial account, etc.
Since it is a steering box I doubt it would be hard to find.

John I thought you had it covered with the warranty. I have a new durango box sitting in my garage with a warranty from autozone. I would have taken yours in and had it warrantied out. Wish you would have posted up that napa wouldnt help you out.

I have a big file just for napa reciepts. Any time you buy stuff and they dint either take your info or have a account for you its smart to keep records. Sucks they didn't help you out though.

Napa in temecula wouldn't take warranty parts back from me either, I was pissed

Usually you can just have them look it up. I don't know about Napa's program they use but on ours if you type in the item number and look up when it was last sold it will come up. Tell them what day or week you bought it, what items you also bought with it if any, was it under a normal cash account or under a retail or commercial account, etc.
Since it is a steering box I doubt it would be hard to find.

where do you work? I work at car quest and its the same way.

90% of napa stores are franchises, privately owned. that's the store's return policy not NAPA's, we do the same thing at our store. If you didn't give them any info like a phone # or anything when you bought it, how are they supposed to know when you bought it? As Codyyy said it would have been possible to look it up by giving them the day you bought it or something closer like that, but really you should keep your reciepts for anything with a warranty.

not sure why you didn't get ahold of me before going to pep boys, sorry bout your luck.

John I thought you had it covered with the warranty. I have a new durango box sitting in my garage with a warranty from autozone. I would have taken yours in and had it warrantied out. Wish you would have posted up that napa wouldnt help you out.
Thanks dude but I was desparate to get a new one right away as mine was torn down in my roommates driveway and it had to be fixed that day.

90% of napa stores are franchises, privately owned. that's the store's return policy not NAPA's, we do the same thing at our store. If you didn't give them any info like a phone # or anything when you bought it, how are they supposed to know when you bought it? As Codyyy said it would have been possible to look it up by giving them the day you bought it or something closer like that, but really you should keep your reciepts for anything with a warranty.

not sure why you didn't get ahold of me before going to pep boys, sorry bout your luck.
I was pissed off and desparate to get it done asap. I'm just not feeling the love for my local Napa anymore. I have spent a whole lot of money in that store in the last few years, the girls at the register know me by name. If they can't make an exception or at least a better effort to help out a loyal customer then I will spend my money where I get better service.

get the manager envolved, then the regional manager! dont stop til you get what you want, people do it to me and my co worker everyday. also look through your bank records

Too late now but thanks for the advice.

actually it's not, you can take your complaint to the manager, and to his superiors. You can show that you were forced to buy a replacement when they refused to honor your warranty, and they should reimburse you. You need to be able to prove when you bought it though as stated above.

Back