• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front sway bar diameter

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the bushing on the front sway bar. Looking on Napa's site they have bushings for 16mm, 24mm, 26mm, and 28mm. What is the correct size for my '99XJ (4.0L/AW4)?

Hmm... did some homework and it looks like there are a bunch of different bar diameters they put in each jeep. My 98 took a 26mm bushing but you should measure your sway bar if you want to be sure.

Last edited:
Probably the 28mm. To be safe, measure it.

Hmm... did some homework and it looks like there are a bunch of different bar diameters they put in each jeep. My 98 took a 26mm bushing but you should measure your sway bar if you want to be sure.

The best way to get the right ones is to measure. Or you could buy one set of each and return the ones that don't fit.

Morris' website had them broken down by years for a given size- I ordered my bushings from them, and they seem to be the correct size, but when in doubt, measure.

Calipers are wonderful, wonderful tools. I now keep one in my car at all times.

I have two in all of my current vehicles--part of the front brakes. Just kidding!

HF has them on sale dirt cheap every so often.

Back