• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with longer wheel studs

indy30

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all! I'm an owner of a '99 Classic xj with a 8.25 rear axle. Just installed a rear disc brake conversion and I want to put my spidertrax wheel spacers back on. If I try to do this as is, the lug nuts only screw on halfway to the studs. I need about .5" longer thread than stock 8.25 wheel studs and not any longer than that (trying to avoid cutting them down).
Any quick answers or will I have to dig around further in previous posts?
Thanks!

I had the same setup for a while. I just grabbed longer wheel studs and used open ended lug nuts to make sure they were seated without bottoming out.

For the rears, I have a note for longer studs: Dorman number 310-368 which is 1/2-20, .615 knurl (vs .621 for stock), 1-31/32 length and 17/32 shoulder for longer studs.

Edit: I have not tried these, its just a note I made from another thread.

For the rears, I have a note for longer studs: Dorman number 310-368 which is 1/2-20, .615 knurl (vs .621 for stock), 1-31/32 length and 17/32 shoulder for longer studs.

Edit: I have not tried these, its just a note I made from another thread.

I just looked that up on the Dorman website and the measurements are different.
I have to return my studs that I just got from Summit because they dont fit. I matched the specs online but apparently they differ. Are the holes in the stock 8.25 shafts slightly larger for the knurl than replacement heavy duty axle shafts from 4wd Hardware?
I didn't think it would be this difficult to get longer studs! Maybe I'll get only one at a time next to match up

Last edited:
i did zj rear disks and my stock 8.25 studs were too short for comfort. i went with stock d 30 and they are great! longer than the 8.25 studs and plenty of engagement for me

Back