• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown SS Extended Brake Lines Rubbing?

Ceddy

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ with 3" 'Budget Boost', 31"s on Craiger Soft 8s.

I recently installed Crown SS 3-4" Lift Extended Brake Lines.
(My stock lines were maxed out at full turn, even after relocation.)

Product Link -> http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=72406+8123&submit=Go

The Front Lines are rubbing the tires on hard turns. I've relocated the hard line back to the stock position to take up some slack.

My question is there something I'm doing wrong, or something I can do to stop the rubbing?

I have the Line to Caliper fitting installed like stock, near parallel to the ground, pointing a little up. Wheel backspacing and tire size are fairly normal, I'm sure 1000s of others have the same setup. Seems like a off the shelf part should work with a off the shelf setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as install has not been easy. Below freezing, cold ground, broken bleeder, can't EZ Out, new calipers, rusted out rear hard line, flare tool sucks, etc., etc.

Thanks very much and Happy Holidays.

I had all those same issues, down to the cold hands & cheap flare tool. Here is what I found:
The line tends to twist a little when you tighten the fittings. If I recall, you can loosen the fittings and un-twist the line a bit, or even counter twist, so that when you tighten it up the brake line wants to go to the inside instead of out towards the wheel.
You might not have to loosen the lines, but the gist of it is the same: the lines twist during install, so un twist them and make sure the "rest" position is to the inside.
I damn near rubbed through the plastic sheathing on one, un twisted it, & have not had an issue in ~2 years now.

Back