• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Actual Local Off Road park thats free and mild to wild coming?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918040

Surprised no one here has brought this up. It will be done in 2 months and be very nice if I heard, and read right...

attachment.php

that tells me they are going to limit and box in where you are allowed to wheel out there and will be willing to enforce it more!!!! just another way the State is trying to control us off road and on!!!!!! i understand the pretence behind this but i still think they have an adjenda!!!! i need my tin foil hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
that tells me they are going to limit and box in where you are allowed to wheel out there and will be willing to enforce it more!!!! just another way the State is trying to control us off road and on!!!!!! i understand the pretence behind this but i still think they have an adjenda!!!! i need my tin foil hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not the state. And this is more a move to actually bring real rock crawling sports home to so cal, I feel. The people involved are not just common joe's in the off road arena. Not to mention the items they asked for were a ligit write off, means that they are not just playing here...

Besides KOH we really dont have anywhere near what we did 10 yrs ago when it comes to rock sports. CRCA - Gone, CAL-Rocks Gone, and so many smaller groups and location have just dwindled away, lost ability, or moved on, due to many factors....

Awesome! It's good to know that we will have a new playground in the near future! Thanks for posting this up Robert!

Its not the state. And this is more a move to actually bring real rock crawling sports home to so cal, I feel. The people involved are not just common joe's in the off road arena. Not to mention the items they asked for were a ligit write off, means that they are not just playing here...

Besides KOH we really dont have anywhere near what we did 10 yrs ago when it comes to rock sports. CRCA - Gone, CAL-Rocks Gone, and so many smaller groups and location have just dwindled away, lost ability, or moved on, due to many factors....
i am glad that we are trying to improve things but it says right on the sign "California State Parks", and that makes me uncomfortable but at least it isnt the feds!

It's being organized by a guy named Bo Neece, among others, I think. Saw a post about it on JustRuns today... some a$$hats went out and vandalized the future park... stole/broke signs, knocked down fences...

If you're out in the area, keep your eyes open and report mischief! Ooh, sorry Troy--Mischief!!!!!!

And from what I hear, it's a training/playing area. They gave up the area north of Big Wash to Borrego, I believe, and the rest is being kept open. This training area's right by where JustRuns does their camping/events out there.

sounds like the 4x4 section out at Hungry Valley, pretty cool idea

I swung by on my way home from Rick's this afternoon & Bo and a few guys were there working away... like Carol mentioned the fencing has been cut a few times but the work is progressing... the plan is to have it done by TDS.

If you're familiar with the area the "training area" is the eastern ridge line of the two south of S-22. should be a little of something for everyone.

1zxp27o.jpg

l8ody.jpg

1zcflnd.jpg

Curt

Back