• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KJ Disc conversion questions

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97XJ, 8.25 rear, 29 spline.

I have read many articles and read many posts over the last few days regarding this KJ-XJ swap. I have a few questions that are still unclear and appreciate any help. After I do the swap, I will write a definitive article detailing all these issues and parts numbers.

1) Is ONLY the 2006-2010 Liberty the model years to use the backing plate and calipers from? Someone had said ONLY the 2006 works but I would like clarification.

2) The axle studs need to be replaced for longer ones, as I have Canyon (Aluminum) wheels and the old XJ studs will be too short. What studs should I use?

3) I was informed that using ZJ soft lines on the KJ calipers makes the easiest way to connect the KJ Calipers to the XJ hard lines. Anyone agree with this??

4) Is the 1997 Explorer the best choice for the e-Brakes cable?

Thanks in advance for your help-
Jeff-97XJ

The disk backing plates and calipers from any 2005-2007 first generation KJ will work.

Use longer studs from the auto parts store. A real auto parts store has a paper catalog with lug stud specifications you can look up and compare. LP D30 studs are longer and will probably work.

1996 Explorer e-brake cables work.

Last edited:
Back