• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire question

Zuul99

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep needs some new tires. I currently have have 28's on and would like to bump it up to 30in. do i need new wider wheels or will the OEM wheels be fine.

I had OEM rims with 30's on my rig before I upgraded to 33's, never had any problems. May I suggest a 2" budget lift and a set of 31's.

I have 30x9.5 BFG AT's on mine and it is totally stock. They don't rub at all on the street but I don't think they would work if you dissconnect the sway bar offroad.

Just adjust the steering stops or pick-up some arms that are clearanced(WJ/Rusty's).I run 265/75/16's(32.5x10.5) on stock wheels,but I rub a little at full lock.

Do you like speeding tickets!

My speedometer was dead accurate on 30s. Odo only read 0.8miles for every mile traveled. My XJ rubbed at stock height with 30s on the road. I put a 3" boost on the front and 1.5" out back. Then I could wheel and not rub. Until I disco'd the sway bars. Then I tore up my front fenders pretty good. So out came the Sawzall.

You could run 37's on stock wheels, if they were skinny enough. The fenders would have to come off....

Back