• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Wiper blades

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and didnt find much of anything that would help me out. I am curious to know if anybody knows what the best wiper blades are because mine just suck. If it isnt pouring then they just drag heavily and dont wipe worth a damn. I just want some blades that are going to do what they are supposed to do.
Any preferences or suggestions?

I tried blades like that; I don't remember if they were the Bosch Icon or the RainX clone, but I thought they worked well. They didn't freeze up like the standard blades in the winter, and seemed to work better than the cheaper "winter" blades.

I have Silblades and they suck. Even when they were brand spanking new they screeched. I can't stand using them unless it's pouring rain, because the screeching makes my skin crawl.

Don't buy into the hype.

I like Bosch and Valeo.

Cool thanks guys Ill look into bosch and rainx
Oh one last thought how do any of those blades hold up with the mud?

Thanks for the help guys im either going to get the neoforms or one of the bosch gotta get something cause this rain will be coming down through wednesday and its only going to get worse apparently so thanks guys big help

Been using these Neo Form Trico blades for a few years now.

Good performance--they don't "skip" sections of the glass, no matter how curved the windshield is.

I like bosch myself. Much cheaper on Rockauto then anywhere else.

I have Bosch Icons and am pretty happy with them so far. They are new though so they better be good. We will see how they are next year.

There is nothing better then putting rain-x on your windows. Stuff is amazing. You won't even need wipers on the freeway.

BTW--get yourself a can of Bon Ami cleanser and a green Scotch-Brite pad, use plenty of water and scrub your glass with the pad and Bon Ami.

I just bought some Optix (think that's the name) from menards. They are the newer bar style blades, and they do fairly well. They do miss they far passenger side of the windshield by a small amount, but seem to resist the freeze up that traditional wipers usually do. Still only a few weeks old, so still have yet to see how they will do in the long run. Just figured at 7 bucks a blade, they were worth trying since any similar blade seems to be at least 13 or more per blade.

Thanks for the help guys im either going to get the neoforms or one of the bosch gotta get something cause this rain will be coming down through wednesday and its only going to get worse apparently so thanks guys big help

Hopefully, you can find something. People in SoCal don't maintain their wipers. Then when it rains like it has for the past few days, they realize that their wipers aren't wiping and they make a mad rush for the parts stores.

I've seen the entire wiper section at Pep Boys picked clean. I bought a new set of Bosch wipers a couple months ago and kept them in the Jeep...for a rainy day. I just put them on the other day.

Back