• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help with Wiring!

bigbadxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I got a '92 Xj for a good price of course it had a couple things that need fixing. It has a push button switch for it to start, which I knew was a band aid for a problem and just figured I would fix it later. So the other day I fired it up and it just died and a ignition fuse under the hood blew. So I opened up the dash and saw a miss matched colored wire that went to the ignition switch. I pulled the harness from the switch and noticed that the front (blue) harness had two black melted spots and the miss matched wire just had a female connector on it and was jammed in the harness!!!! So I figure that I need to replace the ignition switch and re do the harness but I need to find out which wires go in that harness and their colors. If some one has a diagram or picture that would help me alot and I never turn down advice.

I am assuming its a 4x4 4.0L. See if this helps you out.

ign.gif

Back