• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar opinion?

Fixn2xlr8

NAXJA Forum User
I spent the evening searching and I now what my problem is, Im just wondering what the popular opinion to fixing it is.

I did a 3" rustys lift. My front axle is shifted to the drivers side.

Is there a way to adjust what I have? I didnt jump up and down on it to center things because the install guide from rustys didnt tell me to. Im the type to follow directions :).

Or

Drill a new hole in the bracket?

Buy a bracket extender?

Buy a longer fixed bar?

or

Buy an adjustable.

If possible id like to see if I can just re adjust what I have, but I know it may not be an option.
Im going on a budget here but I cant stand looking at my front axle.

Edit : I WILL not be going taller. I bought the Jeep to haul lumber, thats it. The rear leafs were shot as were all 4 shocks, so I said what the heck, if im spending the money anyway, I may as well lift it.

Last edited:
Buy and adjustable track bar and be done with it. I just put a rough country one in my sisters WJ, its not to bad for the price.

for 3" id highly sudgest the JKS trackbar i put mine through hell and it was mint when i parted out the jeep

go with an Adjustable trac bar. i have a Tera flex on my 96. it uses the stock type ball end at the frame and goes into the axle. has an adjusting sleeve to adjust the trac bar.i have a 3 inch lift on my 96.

I put a rock krawler trac bar and bracket in the other day, it's pretty manly.

IMG_1277.jpg

I got to thinking about it, I have a kid on the way. I looked at drilling mine but it just didnt look safe. Bought a Rustys, same place I got the lift.

It would be nice of Rustys if they told you a new trac bar was needed. On a 3" lift I got 3.5 in the front and 4 in the rear. Not complaining, im just saying.

Be careful with that rusty's track bar as they are know to break. I broke one TRE in the sand, one TRE just DRIVING down the road, and a third one on a beginner trail. All three within 18 months

Back