• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's flares

Spaz_Soldier

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody used these? I have three out of four Bushwackers on my '01 and I HATE THEM. One broke off and shattered to dust on the highway, so I figured it was a good time to upgrade now. Don't have the $$$ for tube fenders and these look like a tough alternative. How do they stand up to abuse? Can a snorkel fit with them on?

If you want durability, go with TJ flares. You can get the 7" extended versions from Collins Bros. for like $160

I have ran the "flex flares" for about 2 years and they will be coming off shortley. I put them on when it was a DD cause I hate getting mud everywhere but now I play in the rocks a lot more and have managed to break the sh*t out of them. They flex ok but if you hit them hard enough they will snap.
Rock
flares004.jpg

Tree
flares007.jpg

I don't do a much hard rocks. Nothing that could damage my daily. So, I'm not too worried about them getting smashed. How open were the wheel wells after cutting with these? From what I've seen, they look like they open wider than the Bushwacker cutouts do. Btw, I noticed those are the rears. Do you still have the fronts you might want to get rid of? :D

I don't do a much hard rocks. Nothing that could damage my daily. So, I'm not too worried about them getting smashed. How open were the wheel wells after cutting with these? From what I've seen, they look like they open wider than the Bushwacker cutouts do. Btw, I noticed those are the rears. Do you still have the fronts you might want to get rid of? :D

You can open the wheel wheels up quite a bit with them, they are some what a universal fit, you have to trim them to fit your jeep.

I already have my wells cut for the Bushwackers, but the 35"s get limited just a little by them. It seems the Rusty's open a little wider at the bottoms, so that would be sweet.

Back