• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tri-County Gear in Pomona

One_Sick_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I am rebuilding the double cardan joint on my front drive shaft and needed a new spicer yoke knuckle with a new centering ball and spring. I looked around on the forum and came across someone who mentioned Tri-County Gear in Pomona. I called them up and spoke with Tim, who was very helpful and said that the parts were in stock, assembled, and ready to install, so I headed over there and picked it up. Tim was just as helpful in person as he was on the phone and got me the correct part at a good price. I told him about this forum and he is going to look into possibly becoming a vendor, but regardless, if you need almost anything for your XJ, Tri-County Gear is a good place to check out!

P.S. Sorry mods if this is posted in the wrong area, but since the shop is in So Cal, I hope that some praise for a good shop and good people would be allowed to be posted here. :looney:

thats all good. Its really great to see someone post up a positive experience with reputable business. Thanks for posting!

I have to say that your one of the far and few, Very few..

I've bought several items from them over the years. Always what they said it was.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Tri-County.

Jason and his wife have been stand up people to me.

I have had sooo many friends that have had such horrible experiences there. one friend even had the BBB so after them for a horrible experience that they wouldnt do good on.

Yeah, I hear from a lot of happy customers, but I had to stop dealing with them. Maybe things are better now??

I know they had some issues in the past but Ive used them a lot for parts sourcing and only a very few times did I have any issues, usually miscommunication and easily resolved. Wait times are kinda long some times though. I do not recommend using them for installs or assembly though!

I used tri-county once.. I don't think I would go back. That was a couple years ago though, maybe things have changed.

Yeah maybe they changed in teh last year or two. But there are So many BBB and B.A.R. complaints against them in the past, that its bad...

I've had plenty of friends with perfect experiences with Tri-County. Also, if you're looking for driveline parts or driveline work JE Reel Drivelines, who is also in Pomona, does excellent work and was a sponsor of Team NAXJA for two years for KOH.

if you're looking for driveline work JE Reel Drivelines, who is also in Pomona, does excellent work and was a sponsor of Team NAXJA for two years for KOH.

:cheers:

I agree, Jim at JE REEL is a good ole (OLD too) boy that believes in the hand shake honesty...

Wow, a few minutes of reading reviews posted online and I would be very hesitant to take any work there. I understand that there will always be disgruntled people who write bogus negative reviews of places but there seems to be some truth as it applies to this place. The horror stories about them are too numerous to be ignored. Maybe they have cleaned up their act, I sure hope so for the off road community's sake.

I've had plenty of friends with perfect experiences with Tri-County. Also, if you're looking for driveline parts or driveline work JE Reel Drivelines, who is also in Pomona, does excellent work and was a sponsor of Team NAXJA for two years for KOH.
BIG 10-4.

Jim does all our driveline work, has for decades. Both my driveshafts are from him...and i've broken everything on my jeep but a driveshaft :D

Back