• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A gift for a TJ owner?

tone

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on getting those little window mounting light tabs for a xmas present for someone and was wondering if for example a pair of hella 700ff's would be too big for that spot? Or is there another fairly inexpensive "bolt on" type mod that would be pretty cool to gift?(budget $120ish) I know a couple of you have TJs is why I ask.

on a side note-

if anyone comes across any adjustable control arms/track bars for a TJ let me know he is having suspension issues cause his arms are too short and the stock track bars dont help the situation. So he is seeing if I can source some off the net used for him.

Adjustable door straps - they allow the owner to limit the door opening to a disired degree, believe me they are helpfull.

Tow strap - duh...

Bikini top - if he's got a purdy mouth?

Currie front bump stop kit - They are nice and you can limit up travel correctly.

theres a few idea's...

I HATE lights on near the eye level like next to the windshield. IF that rig ever is 2nd or third or further back on a trail ride at night and its a dirt road with dust (typically everywhere around here) and he turns them on, it will almost make the visability worse for himself.

Thanks for the ideas guys and thanks for the info on the lights i wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not seeing how I've never seen them in person... Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Who would want a XJ when they have a TJ? Best part about a TJ is the parts are twice as much!

Who would want a XJ when they have a TJ? Best part about a TJ is the parts are twice as much!

I kinda beg to differ there. TJ axles are the same minus the rear housing, and bumpers can be less and so can wheels and tires and lift, since you can fit a 35" tire with a 4" lift and dont have to destroy the body to get em to fit, so overall build of equal TJ to XJ (without accounting for the vehicle price since thats not a "Part") is about equal. But the TJ has a stronger motor,unless you have a 1999 or newer and even then the 01 TJ is better yet.

Back to the question at hand...

How about a spartan locker for the front? :)

I don't wanna get any hard parts cause I don't know what way he is going with his build. I'm starting to think a hi-lift jack would be a good idea but I'm looking for mounting options right now..

get him a winch, he'll need it more than you will :anon:

Back