• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ beds

cjsxj87

NAXJA Forum User
So I got an Mj and The bed is really rotted(who would of guessed) anyways Ive been looking for beds but they are all in pretty bad shape/to far away. So I thought of making a flat bed. Does anyone have pics or anything ideas advice on making a flat bed for an MJ? Thanks guys.

Try something like this on your MJ:

attachment-1.jpg

attachment.jpg

Add some tabs for lights, fuel can holders on the roll bar....you could even build a tailgate that hinges for containment and access.

just fyi in case you or others want to save the factory bed, zmjeeps.com in ohio makes replacement bed sides for short money. it's definitely work getting them on, but it's an option.

moab 100 by nsjames805, on Flickr

DSCF1414.jpg

Crude, built using the sectioned down floor and front header panel from the stock bed. Uses stock mounts up front, they were cut off in the rear to narrow it to frame width. Rear section of the frame was cut to shackle hangers.
4x6x.25 angle welded to the rear of the frame and frame X-member. 2" receiver tied into the frame X above the spare tire location and the angle in the back. Regular LED lights installed, cheapy fog lamps and a relay used for backup lights.

If you just want to flat bed it you can cut the bedsides off and leave the inner doghouses for the wheels. Build some new rails or attach stake pockets to the sides and call it done. Mine has 1x1 angle iron ran down the edge on the sides that the 1x2 tubing is attached to. It keeps it stiff, you will have to cut some of the angle to clear the frame at the wheel arch if you do it like that.

Last edited:
Back