• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeperjohn does it again!

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
Just got finished installing the new track bar John built me. He did a great job. I was getting sick of bending the "S" style full traction track bars. I have gone through 4 in 2 years. I wanted to go with something straight and John said he could help me out. The install went pretty smooth but I had to cut away more of the axle side mount then I wanted to, but to get the proper clearance I had to. I will box it all in with some plating to reinforece whats left when I get a chance. I also had a helper moving the steering wheel while I lined up the trackbar. Take a look at the pics.

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02136.jpg

DSC02137-1.jpg

Nice! I might be ditching my RE track bar soon thinking of something fabed up as well. Also, the happy little fella behind the wheel approves of the work too. He is ready to test it out.

Nice. John built Me an axle, and with that his over the top track bar. I spent a lot of time with John while he installed it. Question, Hows the Bump Steer?

Brody is getting so BIG! When are we going wheelin again? I would love to get a run in before my surgery in January.... After that no driving for 6-8 weeks.

Nice. John built Me an axle, and with that his over the top track bar. I spent a lot of time with John while he installed it. Question, Hows the Bump Steer?

No bumpsteer. Drives/handles great. I really had it dialed in before the track bar and I was worried it would mess things up but nothing changed. Still drives great. I was really impressed with John's attention to detail. He took the time to grind down all the welds to glass and then even took the time to primer it for me. Very good work.

Brody is getting so BIG! When are we going wheelin again? I would love to get a run in before my surgery in January.... After that no driving for 6-8 weeks.

I'm going out next Saturday for the toys for tots run and then I will do a run or two over Christmas break. You should join us on Saturday if your not working.

Final bump to show off John's handy work.

Googled "Benjamin Button" because it was bugging me. He ages backwards and my son was behind the wheel. Got it! Damn I am really slow. I used to get jokes, now I just sit and scratch my head. I need to get out more.

No bumpsteer. Drives/handles great. I really had it dialed in before the track bar and I was worried it would mess things up but nothing changed. Still drives great. I was really impressed with John's attention to detail. He took the time to grind down all the welds to glass and then even took the time to primer it for me. Very good work.

Cool! Didn't think it would be an issue. He did a Great Job on Mine, tucked up over the top and no ill effects. John did the whole axle. I hear Ya on the attention Part, He's more anal than I am. lol Everything had to be Perfect.

10-16-10-Jeep--Truck-021.jpg

Back