• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling fan shut off

choptrees

NAXJA Forum User
Hey

98 XJ 160,000 kms. The cooling fans on the rad refuse to shut off after I turn the ignition off. It has shut off after 20 mins, but today drained my battery. This is a new problem for me. I've been told I can pull the sensor wire, but don't know where this is. Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Not sure, could be a sticking relay or possibly a bad connection at the CTS.

EDIT: just noticed you said "fans" as in more than one--something modded?

Replace the fan relay with a known good one to double check, but I'd guess the relay is sticking. No check engine lights or any other known problems? The fan shouldn't run with the key off.

Never mind... I got it... in the PDC.

Hi... so after unplugging the fan a week ago I've finally got some time to get the relay swapped out. After looking around here for a bit I'm uncertain where the relay is. After a search on Google I've managed to determine it's either in the PDC (but which relay) or in the front driver side in the engine compartment. Would like to go buy a new relay today. I'll take a look under the hood and see if I can find it, otherwise if someone could let me know where the relay is that'd be great! Cheers!

Last edited:
pdcoc8.jpg

Back