• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reflexxion Automotive Steel Cowl Induction Hood discontinued?

flazz85

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have been searching for one of these hoods now for a while and I keep getting the same answer when I try to order one, their out of stock or that the company discontinued them. A rep for the warehouse of 4WD.com said that reflexxion discontinued the product but he was vague as to why. I have not heard back yet from reflexxion itself. It is not a big deal, I just thought the cowl was a pretty cool idea considering I have to get a new hood anyway. Probably gonna go with hood louvers and a stock hood for cooling on that end now that these hoods are gone and I'm not gonna bother with fiberglass (too much prep work, they never fit right, extremely expensive for xj's). The reality of it though is that I am wondering why they discontinued it? I also heard from some rep at I think it was JC Whitney (I've talked to alot of different places and their blending together) that said there was a problem with the paint..... He was a service rep and did not know what he was talking about and just pulling an answer out of his ass. If I'm correct the hoods are steel and powder coated so thats why I dismissed his "answer". Any case, anyone hear about this discontinuation? Or maybe know where to track one down? There has to be one or two out there still. I don't know, I kinda want to see for myself what the problem with these hoods are first hand because I have heard nothing but good about them until now. Obviously the time when I was planning to buy one their not there anymore. Also they must have discontinued it recently because it was in the christmas Quadratec catalog (Yes, I know Quadratec is lame but sometimes they have a gem or two). Not a big deal but just thought I'd run it by you guys out on the forums and get some feedback. Just lame because I had ordered it twice now thinking I snagged one to get that damn email saying that they were "mistaken" that they thought they had one.:flamemad:

look at carhoods.com, not steel but I've run theirs and they are very good for fiberglass

I hear ya, i checked that site the hoods are a bit pricey, the cowl is almost $600 over there and that's not even considering the shipping cost, The cowl seems a bit tall, you said you had tried one out, was it for a xj?

Back