• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best rock slider for the money?

huitzi

NAXJA Forum User
Been wanting to get me some rock sliders but they all just seem overpriced, cheapest ive found is 225 plus around 60 fpr shipping. a little help finding more affortable ones? thanks :roll:

What you guys fail to realize is that not everyone knows how to weld OR has the equipment and know-how OR has the proper workspace.

If you can make your own, that's fantastic. But most people, me included, are dependent on pre-made units or on the abilities of friends.

JCR Offroad probably offers the most affordable rock rails.

True. They have a pretty long lead time.

My grandpa had some sitting in his garage that he never put on his jeep and when i bought it from him he gave them too me. They have performed great i have hit them hard many times. They're the trail rails made by rockratz and they bolt straight to your rocker panels and are pretty much flush with the rockers. I love them. You should be able to find them on rockratz.com

I have JCR stage 1 on my pile very nice product took about 1 month from day of order to my doorstep. I paid 165 for the rails plus 60 for shipping a little over 1 year ago. Happy Holidays to all my jeepin freinds :wave1::peace:

I agree on JCR rails. Mine have been through everything from rocks to smacking a Mercedes at 50 and are holding up well. My fab skills are not so good so I bought premade. That doesn't mean I don't wheel my jeep, I assure you.

hit up jeeperjohn hes got awsome prices and he is super good

X2. Great guy, great skills, and great prices. I have the JCR stage 2's and their great, but if I would have known about John's skills back then I would have gone with him.

I know you are buying them and not building but....

The best XJ rails are simply a 2x6 .188 wall rectangular tube welded in directly in the space the rocker used to take up. Very easy to do but 20' of welding. You don't lose another 2" of clearance, you gain 1" more of clearance and make the unibody stronger at the same time.

There are several threads here describing how so find a friend that can weld and get it done, you can do all the prep and it can be done in 4 hours if you spend the time actually working and not just drinking....

Anything that rely's on using the pinch seam as a mounting point is just bad thinking.

I know you are buying them and not building but....

The best XJ rails are simply a 2x6 .188 wall rectangular tube welded in directly in the space the rocker used to take up. Very easy to do but 20' of welding. You don't lose another 2" of clearance, you gain 1" more of clearance and make the unibody stronger at the same time.

There are several threads here describing how so find a friend that can weld and get it done, you can do all the prep and it can be done in 4 hours if you spend the time actually working and not just drinking....

Anything that rely's on using the pinch seam as a mounting point is just bad thinking.

Yeah 2x6 rockers are the best option but how do you figure that the pinch seam isn't strong enough? I have laid my jeep down on the rails pretty hard and they don't budge. Not to mention they can hold the weight of my 6'5" 300 pound cousin standing on them

My grandpa had some sitting in his garage that he never put on his jeep and when i bought it from him he gave them too me. They have performed great i have hit them hard many times. They're the trail rails made by rockratz and they bolt straight to your rocker panels and are pretty much flush with the rockers. I love them. You should be able to find them on rockratz.com

ah! I wish they still made these

cool design

http://www.rockratz.com/cherokeebodyprot.html

Back