• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hatch glass connectors

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Is this the connector from the hatch that connects to the hatch glass defroster? I'm trying to make sure that's the right piece and that's how it connects before I buy this hatch glass off a guy. He says it has no connectors, just wires... so i'm not sure if he's just misinterpreting what I mean by 'connectors' and thinks the wires aren't the same thing or what.

I've got this one in my hatch and one that is a female end. My current glass has no defroster so looking to get one in there.

mms_picture9-2.jpg

Figure out what year your Jeep is, and what year his Jeep is. When you know those things, you don't need crappy photos and vague descriptions. Then it's just a matter of research (for the most part, unless you're dealing with transition years).

That's the problem... he's not quite sure what year the glass is out of because it was in the donor Jeep he bought that is a 97 but was already missing the hatch. The picture I have of it seems to be the right year. I've got another crappy pic of the wire on his glass

Parma-20101130-00014.jpg

If this is the same guy, from one of your other posts about the hatch glass, the XJ in the picture is not a 97.

edit- and seriously, wth is that? I had to laugh, but seriously? Out of context, would you know what that is?

Looks like that wire is snipped in the second picture. When I replaced my hatch (94 hatch to my 91), in the process of soldering the wires, IRCC, the defroster wire ran all the way into the drivers side rear fender to the connector, which appears in the first pic. It looks like the owner cut the wire for the defroster at the window in the second.

nvm, there is a connector like the one in the first pic at the glass and one in the drivers side rear fender. The wire looks to be snipped still but damn is that a shitty pic

Ya he took it with his cell. I would check it out in person but don't want to drive 45 min to be wrong. Is it possible to make a new connector if it has been snipped

Back