• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

longer shackles or relocate?

Snake2083

NAXJA Forum User
Installed my RC 4.5 leafs yesterday and I see, at least at full droop, the shackles are as far forward as they can go, bolt against the bracket. Still working on my axle so haven't been able to lower the weight of the rig onto them to see how much it will settle out, but I'm sure it won't be much after reading some experiences on here. What would probably be the best way to get a better angle on the shackles without too much lift (Wife's complaining that it's already high enough, lol) A 1" lifted shackle or a shackle re-location bracket? Or something else?

Longer shackles do nothing for your shackle angle.

I have to respectfully disagree with that statement. If the shackle is longer, there is less angle change when the spring end moves back and forth. But yeah, I agree if the shackle is already angled so far it's hitting the bracket, a longer shackle probably won't solve it.

Last edited:
Back