• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cup Holder Pics Plz!

scottieb

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have searched cup holders, and found alot of threads. I read threw most of them and saw alot of ideas for the cup holder problem. how ever I could not find any pics with any of these products (store bought or home made) actually installed! This is what I am in need of, Installed cup holder pics!
Thanks

The way I wheel those drinks would probably still end up in my lap, and would definitely splash everywhere... I just use my hand as a cupholder and steer with one hand.

I hold mine in between my legs. If have a passenger I make them hold it

You make your passenger hold it between your legs? :D

I use these:

twiddle.jpg

Here's what I've done in our Cherokees. Bicycle down tube water bottle holders screwed into the center of the dash below the vent. I also have an insulated bottle holder hanging below.
Drinks have been known to fall when wheeling, and a large drink won't fit at all, but that's why you bring a friend.

4x4 '89 mount;
CupHolder1.jpg

Next two are the 2 W.D. '96. Note the glued in big plastic drink glass where the T.C. lever would be. It will hold a large drink up to a certain angle, but is fine on the road.

CupHolder3.jpg

Yes the shift knob did start out as a bed post topper. No wimpy little shift knobs for us!

CupHolder2.jpg

Mike

41xbgJmo4TL.jpg

Late-model console in the early interior: here.

x748957498238974328095734252

If youve got an early XJ and want cupholders, IMHO the only/best option is to swap in a late model center console.

When I picked up my 95 5spd as a DD, I went to Burger King to second day of owning it. On the third day, I got a 97+ 5spd console to swap it. Forth day it was installed and I never looked back.

x748957498238974328095734252

If youve got an early XJ and want cupholders, IMHO the only/best option is to swap in a late model center console.

When I picked up my 95 5spd as a DD, I went to Burger King to second day of owning it. On the third day, I got a 97+ 5spd console to swap it. Forth day it was installed and I never looked back.

Thats what it looks like Iam going to do so long as i can find one! any suggestions?

Thats what it looks like Iam going to do so long as i can find one! any suggestions?

:dunno:

My buddy just happened to be parting out a 97+ 5spd XJ that week so I scooped it up.

typical JY Grablist off the top of my head:

-Console
-lid (might have to look around for one without a broken latch)
-Good 5spd boot
-t-case bezel
-air duct
-rear console support
-e-brake handle

You gotta do a little custom work to get the front bolt bracket for the e-brake handle, and something to hook up to the cable. I reused the old tranny/t-case shifter on mine. Theres a little gap at the front where it stops short of the dash, whatever though its worth it.

Back