• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Crawler

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Okay y'all, I am *considering* getting into the RC crawler bit. I'm thinking of the Axial Scorpion AX10 "RTC" or ready to crawl. I can upgrade as necessary or as stuff busts haha.

What are you guys running? :)

I like mine. Pretty much crawls up anything.

2010-11-10_18-04-08_346.jpg

I have a crawler king with 4ws and a custom chevy truggy.

I plan to get an SCX10 soon because I like the scale stuff.

I wanna sell the chevy truggy, but it needs work. Not a good starter project.

Once Everythings said and done I'll be buying an scx10 and build a 1:10 scale of my xj

this shit never ends my buddy has 5 of em and everytime he goes out major changes and he has been into it huge. it is worst than a damn jeep. he has driven to salt lake from socal for comps. crazy but he has one waiting for me all done up bad ass

this shit never ends my buddy has 5 of em and everytime he goes out major changes and he has been into it huge. it is worst than a damn jeep. he has driven to salt lake from socal for comps. crazy but he has one waiting for me all done up bad ass

Hey man let's build a mini class 1 that runs off a 2 stroke weed whacker engine! I should have enough electronics to make it work.

The AX10 needs a brake in the controller since it has regular diff gears and will coast. The Losi has worm gears so it stops right away and so doesn't need a brake. The AX10 is faster but the Losi crawls better.

But, looks like you already ordered..... :)

We sell both models at our shop. You'll want to mess with it some to get it to crawl better, like weight in the tires. Have fun!

Oh yea I see what you are saying... hadn't had coffee yet. :D

Well, I did a lot of research and almost all the gurus said that the AX10 was a great crawler out of the box. I liked the Losi as well, but the aftermarket seems to favor the Axial a little. I could be wrong. I'm pretty green at all this as of yet.

I have a ax 10 and an scx 10 the scx tacke more finess to drive in the rocks and the ax 10 is very forgiving. I got the scx 10 to build a scle xj

the used scorpion I was getting turns out to be a used POS (cracked axle housing thats been glued repeatedly, bad steering servo, and missing a link) so I told him to kick rocks. some times craigslist is just plain fail.

Back