• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC drop brackets, sliders, non-adjusting lift lowers?

katuah

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've been reading threads all over on the Rough Country control arm drop brackets, but I can't find a specific answer to 2 questions:

1. Can you run these with the RC fixed (NOT adjusting) lowers that come with the 4.5" kit? (with Stock uppers)

2. Has anyone mounted them with JCR sliders and do the brackets interfere with the slider mounting?

The brackets are on special $139 until noon today! so I'm hoping I'll get a quick answer.

OK, so I remembered they had a live chat feature on the site. :doh:

My questions are answered. Yes, they work with the fixed lowers from the kit. Yes, they will work fine with the JCR sliders.

If anybody stumbles across this, I'd love to see a pic of them mounted with sliders, though. I'm thinking it will be a pretty close fit.

Having had JCR sliders in the past, I can't think of a single reason they should be a tight fit with drop brackets. DBs fit under the frame rail, sliders along side it. You're good to go.

Having had JCR sliders in the past, I can't think of a single reason they should be a tight fit with drop brackets. DBs fit under the frame rail, sliders along side it. You're good to go.

I thought the slider brackets were in kind of an L-shape that wrapped around the frame rail, ( o--L cross section) but I am happy to accept that I am wrong. I ordered them on the Black Friday sale so I haven't actually seen them yet.

x2. the drop brackets dont mount on the side of the unibody at all. they use the factory control arm mounts and the braces mount to the bottom of the unibody rail. sliders will mount up just fine. the JCR sliders just bolt up against the rail with 4 self tappers at each mount. no 'L' shaped bracket

Back