• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire carrier latch

i used a 3/4in grade 8 bolt, welded a handle to it and welded the nut flush with the top of the bumper. it takes a few turns but it keeps the tire carrier tight and doesnt rattle.

Heres what I used, works great, click on the "pull action ones"
http://www.mcmaster.com/#toggle-clamps/=a0wupt
Kind of hard to see..
RearBumper003.jpg

Do you think you caould take a few more pics for me of your bumper? I like the look of ity. Did you just run 2x4 all the way across, or did you angle the side in?

Any reason you dident run the spindle straight threw the bumper, instead of on the backside

i use 7/16" bolt with a handle welded to the head. cheap, easy, works.

Do you think you caould take a few more pics for me of your bumper? I like the look of ity. Did you just run 2x4 all the way across, or did you angle the side in?

Any reason you dident run the spindle straight threw the bumper, instead of on the backside

It's 2x4 with the sides sloped up but not in. The original plan was to put the spindle on top but I ended up making the bumper to close to the hatch for that to work but I think it ended up good.

bumper004.jpg

bumper005.jpg

bumper007.jpg

bumper006.jpg

Back