• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle swap

john

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a high pinion front axle from a 97 on my 2001 which had the low pinion front axle

Now the driver side wheel sits out about an inch further than the passenger side
Anyone else had this happen ?

Need more info. Do you have an adjustable trac bar. If it's a stock trac bar I don't really see how the axle could move at all.

you need an adjustable trackbar to recenter

Or just center it and redrill for the stock track-bar. That is what I did when I did my lift, and then again when we put the new axle (LPD30/3.55 to a HPD30/4.10) in.

Not ideal, causes a little bumpsteer, but not terrible. This is actually a step in the instructions on the RE lifts.

there should be no difference in the mounts if they were both completely stock axles. find out why it has shifted. like was stated, we need more info. did you modify the axle side track bar bracket on your LP D30?

I just took the axle off the 2001 and put on my old 97
I thought there should not be any difference in the axles either
I have an adjustable track bar but why would it need to be readjusted if it worked on my 97 unless thee is some difference in the control arm mounts on the axles

No differences,interesting though!

Back