• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 shaft change with ARB

brandon350

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question, I've been searching but can't find any info.

I recently had a shop install ARB air lockers and 4.88 gears in my C8.25 and D30. When I blow the shafts/u-joints, is the replacement process the same as stock, or will I have to fiddle around in the diffs?

Thanks,
Brandon

just make sure the spline count is the same... something like the shafts offered in the super 30 kit (from superior, they offer it with a 30 spline shaft vs the stock 27 spline) will not work in your current locker(s).

Thanks for the reply. I just wasn't sure if the lockers themselves would keep the shafts from sliding out like they did stock. Since I had a shop do the diff work, I'm just having trouble visualizing how everything comes together in there.

The rears are the same regardless in an 8.25... I hope you boughts 30 spline if you spent the coin on an ARB for the D30 (no need to answer). Just make sure of your front spline count, the installation itself is unchanged.

Back