• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do next?

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ill have 2 weeks of down time for my jeep in a few weeks for christmas, and I plan on doing a few things to it. he problem is deciding where to spend my money. Here are my options:

1. Home made 3 link up front, 1 link out back
2. Re-gear to 4.56 anticipating bigger tires in the future (33's)
3. Aussie lunchbox locker up front

Now for the problems I see:

1. Most complicated. Rear frame rails (at the least) will need to be plated. Will need an SYE, shocks, brake lines, coil buckets, driveshafts (home made square most likely), rear shock cage (14" 5125's through floor), suck-down winch, custom crossmember(s), rear panhard, steering and more.

2. Will need spare axles to rebuild on the side just in case I cant figure it out and need to bring it into my auto shop class to get help. 4.56's with 31's till I can afford new tires will be a problem as well.

3. Aussie lockers are simple to install and I will need to do either #1 or #2 on top of it to keep me occupied.

What would you guys do if it were you?

Current Specs:

4.5" lift
31's
open/open

-Jeep450r

any reason you want to do a one link rear? i mean, its not the best design in the world, but it can be done.....

Simplicity. Cost. Its better than leafs (in my opinion). I enjoy being different. And I can easily convert back to leafs if I hate it for some reason.

One link:
attachment.php

There will be a panhard bar for lateral movement.

Ultimate simplicity haha

Heres one of the most knowledge filled thread about them:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235977

Back