• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Feedback / Improvements for 2011

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hi all,

With the year coming to a close, I'd like to open up discussion about what we, as a chapter, should improve or focus on as a club for 2011.

This is a thread for ideas and constructive feedback with actionable steps toward a more prosperous and positive chapter. This is NOT a thread for flaming, trolling, bashing, venting, etc. Thanks for your understanding.

I already have my list of ideas and I would like to open it up to hear yours.

Please don't be offended or get defensive if your idea doesn't settle with other chapter members or doesn't get any movement from BOD. There may be lots of great ideas and we can't do them all unless each member is willing to step up.

I would like to see more than one official chapter event, unless we are counting goatfest now :D Here in socal the wheeling season is pretty much year round because we have so much varied terrain available to us.

And don't count me out because my membership lapsed, I'll be red again after Christmas time passes.

I would like to see more than one official chapter event

I know im not a red member, but I think this would be a good idea. It would give the people who aren't able to attend SoCalFest because of work or other reasons a chance to attend an official event.

We'd never count you out, Grimm... you'd come whip our butts! <ducks>

I like the request for ideas, Josh.

Geoff, you are the Jerkiest Jerk of the Jerks! :confused1 BTW, it's Male strippers, please...I know that's what Geoff really meant, anyway.

I would like to see more than one official chapter event, unless we are counting goatfest now :D

GoatFest is technically a chapter event. This recent time around we kept it super simple and informal. IMO, doing runs once a month is too much to organize into an event with formalities. We like to make SoCalFest the primary event with dinner, raffle, runs, and AAT maintenance. I think we should have atleast quarterly runs and/or more trail cleanups, problem is finding some members to help take the ball and run. I personally wont have much time with the new baby but single day runs are more feasible.

Maybe give AAT a subforum? With the club doing so much on a national level, why are we not making it a priority on a chapter level as well?

I would like to see more than one official chapter event, unless we are counting goatfest now :D Here in socal the wheeling season is pretty much year round because we have so much varied terrain available to us.

And don't count me out because my membership lapsed, I'll be red again after Christmas time passes.

I was going to say something just like this before I read the entries in the thread. It's a great idea. Cleanups are always positive, and although we are a wheeling type club, simple chapter camping trips could also be an idea. Of course, those who wanted to wheel could wheel but the trips could also be like a weekend meet and greet.

Some folks aren't built enough to run the big boy trails, but they can surely get to a camp site and chill for the weekend, talking to the gurus. I know we can set up these type events ourselves, but a NAXJA one or two would be awesome, as well.

I too would like to see more chapter events, mix it up a little but keep them simple. Members bbq is a idea thats been kicked around a few times.

I think maybe a new bod position to help organize events and help insure all posted runs are conducted safely and within legal parameters.

Id also like to see some sort of adopt a trail and land use sub forum specificly for socal. It would help keep those topics from being burried by other threads with more activity.

We could hold it at my shop, but my boss is a tight ass and would make people pay for space, lol. We've done it before with hot rod parts and it worked out well, we have room for about 30 spots.

I wouldn't mind taking on the task of planning/organizing 1/4ly events. bbq's weekend trips whatever needs to be done.

and I would def like to see more trail clean up days.

peace
ted

Does NAXJA (more so So Cal chapter) have any sponsored trails locally?

i live abedout 3 hours from most in the socal chapter im living out in 29 palms but im willing to drive if events will be help more often or bbq or wrench partys

we've always had 2N04 in BB. I want us to adopt more.

well, what has to be done to adopt another or even a third trail?

Mostly we need to have trails available and convince the Forest Service that we can handle it. In past years we've only had maybe a dozen people truly active in the AAT program. Most of the people here don't even know 2N04 exists despite the fact we talk about it whenever we're doing Big Bear things.

2011 will be the rebirth of the program, I'd expect it to be even bigger in 2012.

Back