• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
whats a decent shock for lifted xj with 6.5 lift for someone who is on a budget. mine are getting soft and ride is mushy. mine are supposed to be covered for lift time,but WEAR is not a manufacturers defect.

i have a nice pair of used pro comps for $40 & ups that have lots of life still in them.

what are you looking to spend?

what do you do with your jeep?

If ya want the best go Bilstein 5100 or 5150. Honestly, there a pretty good deal since they last a while. I think my second choice would be the rancho adjustable. heard procomp has some good ones, but they have so many crap products, Im not to sure.

Oh and I run the Rough Country 2.2's on both my dads TJ and my sisters WJ. Have to say they are not that bad for the price. I would just stay away from the generic white shock that comes with half the kits.

If ya want the best go Bilstein 5100 or 5150. Honestly, there a pretty good deal since they last a while. I think my second choice would be the rancho adjustable. heard procomp has some good ones, but they have so many crap products, Im not to sure.

Oh and I run the Rough Country 2.2's on both my dads TJ and my sisters WJ. Have to say they are not that bad for the price. I would just stay away from the generic white shock that comes with half the kits.

The 2.2's are generic IMO. I have them on my long arm kit and i hate em more than any shock I've ever owned. My gf says they ride like shi$ and i should have gotten the old cheapie skyjacker hydros, which rode much better. The front driver's side started leaking after 8 months and only one trail ride. The rear shocks make banging noises all the time. i went though two sets of bushings, BPE's, and modified the mounts like RC's instructions say, but still banging on every bump. I can't wait to take em off, cut em up, and toss in the fire.

If ya want the best go Bilstein 5100 or 5150. Honestly, there a pretty good deal since they last a while.
5100/5150's are decent, but they are non rebuildable. still a disposable. they have every drawback of a white rocket, but a price tag thats 90% of a 2.0 fox emulsion.... once it's leaking, it goes straight in the trash can. if your gonna spend big bucks, get something rebuildable, even if you dont want the flashy reservoirs.

long story short, cheap shocks are good, and good shocks arent cheap.

thing about the white rockets, is nobody on the vendor side of the equation, gives a shit about valving. it just doesnt pay.... you get what you pay for, only a sucker would put a non rebuildable/non revalveable shock on a cherokee that gets beat on, imho.

i feel the same way about razors. you wont catch me shaving with a disposable

Back