• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experience with a Ford F100 D44 rear??

coldoath

NAXJA Forum User
Have the opportunity to buy a d44 out of a '66 F100. I've done some searching...am I correct in my findings that these are a 30 spline? I'm sure I'll have to weld on new shock mounts and new perches, correct? The bolt pattern I'm sure is different, anything I can do to change it to a XJ set up? Btw going in a 1998 XJ with 33"s. Planning to regear to 4.56 with an aussie locker. Any other info you want to throw my way I'll greatly take!!!!

pretty sure it will be a different bolt pattern. Plus the metal weaker on early axles?

If your just running 33's, find a C8.25 29 spline and be happy.

Full size ford truck axles are definately wider. It will also have a 5lug on 5" bolt circle. (much larger than ours)

I had a 9" out of an f-100, it was 5/8 wide on each side. Sold it to a guy running a D44/D35 (yes you read that correctly) combo. Went with an 8.8 with discs (slightly narrower than stock)

better aftermarket support for the D44 and they came stock in the 87-90's with towing package, so they're a bolt in. They also seem to be plentiful in socal.

Back