• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual New Years River Crawl

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
some of you know i have a place at the river, lots of wheeling out there and some non wheeling good times are had too!!!

here is the deal, i am sending out the invitation for the so Cal/ AZ groups for the new years weekend ( thursday {Dec 31st} afternoon through sunday {Jan 2nd } afternoon )to come have fun and enjoy the weekend with some good people ( mostly NAXJA members but jeepers and wheelers all!!!! ) at the river house, if the group is too large there is plenty of space to throw a tent/ motor home/ trailer if you want, but i do have some space in the house for the first come first serve folks, this is not a sponsored event, it is just a chance for us to get together and have some fun, enjoy each others company and wheel our rigs.

there are facilities, so it isn't ruffing it, even if you sleep out side and there is a gas grill for general use, heck, i use it every time i go down there!!! there is a pro sized volley ball court for playing or throwing the tents on, horse shoe pits ( lighted for night play ) alcohol is always welcome but this is my family's place so common courtesy and respect are a must

post up and pm me if you are so inclined!!!

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but what lake? I will most likely have to work Thursday and Friday, but might be cool to head up for Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the invite, sounds like good times.

peace
ted

Forgive my ignorance, but what lake? I will most likely have to work Thursday and Friday, but might be cool to head up for Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the invite, sounds like good times.

peace
ted
look up Walters camp, its on the colorado river north of Yuma AZ, south of Blythe CA. 12 miles south of Paloverde CA.

It is nice out there.

Anyone who goes will have fun.

the sooner i hear the sooner i can start to plan food and runs!!!!

this is the main Obstacle, the waterfall

almosttothetop.jpg

almost at the top

hillclimb.jpg

the photographer sucked but you get the picture.

this is a better shot of the waterfall but its 2 years old
myrearend.jpg

toping out shot from the bottom
there are all variety's of wheeling for all levels of rigs and skills!!! come and have some fun!!!!

Last edited:
Damn that looks like fun. How long does it take to drive there?

Damn that looks like fun. How long does it take to drive there?
towing the jeep on a trailor it takes me 3.5 but normally 2.5 to 3 hours with out towing from el cajon

Ok, Two weeks till we go and i have only one forsure response( and that is for a day trip ), i need to get a head count, come one come all!!!!

Do you go 8E to El Centro then up to 78? What's the weather like there?

Do you go 8E to El Centro then up to 78? What's the weather like there?
8 east to the 115 to the 78 east, past Glamis, past the border patrol check point .... details from there will be in pm form...

the weather is nice during the day mostly, it varies from day to day and cool to cold at night, its the same as Yuma or El Centro

its time i started geting some solid head count going, lets hear who is really going Please

It looks like I am out. The funds are just not there for me to make the desert trip this year. I wish I could make it Troy, that is some really cool wheeling out there. I just have to have my priorities straight. You guys have a great time.

DUE TO A LACK OF INTEREST THIS EVENT CAS BEEN CANCLED.
every one have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Back