• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

24 Hours of Lemons in an XJ Dec 4-5

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're racing the Lemons race this weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway in the Team Petty Cash blue XJ. Should be fun racing on asphalt for a change. We get to go out against junky Porsche's and BMW's in a 2wd XJ with 200k+ miles on it. The race goes from 10 am to sundown on Sat and from 9 am to 4:30 pm on Sun. They have some interesting rules.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Should be fun!

I have always wanted to race an XJ n the lemons. I always thought they had great potential to win in a race like that. Good luck!!!

Any pics of the ride?
4P0V1207.jpg

Got into Bakersfield from Seattle last night about 0200 after a long and tedious drive. We're at Goatman's shop today and tomorrow doing some race prep if anybody wants to come lend a hand or check out the racecar.

-----Matt-----

Also, hope you get your BS factor points right. I may be there on sat.
We've raced LeMons at Thunderhill and Infineon (Sears Point) with this rig so we're good to go on the BS inspection. :)

Also, they frown really heavily on (and penalize accordingly) and contact, so hopefully there won't be any new dents after Sunday. On the other hand, Goatman will be driving.... :twak:

Hope to see you out there, it's a helluva show!

Last edited:
I am diggin the Honda Civic Roof spoiler.. hahahah, Good luck guys!

I am so jealous, Lemon racing is bitchin. I was invited to race the N. Orleans 24 hour lemon race a couple weeks ago and I could not swing the time off.
Have fun!! Too bad they backed off contact, the XJ would do good Nascar style.

We're swapping in an 8.8 today, slightly lower 3.73 gears and a LSD, and disc brakes. The D35 has a little rear end noise. Also replacing a badly cracked exhaust manifold. The tires are in real good shape, but we turned them around on the rims yesterday so the worn edge is on the inside. Fri the car goes to the track for tech.

Best of luck, guys!!

Unfortunately, I've already been to the general Bakersfield area twice this year (for 2 very worthy events), which is 3 more times than I'm allowed to, so I'll be staying home.

Back