• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knuckle compatibility

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
So I picked up a d30 non cad axle from what I think is a 94 xj. It has some hd chevy steering on it I don't want to use. The nuckles are reamed for the tre. Wasw going to sell the nuckle and steering to recoup the cost of the other steering I had. I was wondering if the nuckles frm my 89 cad axle would work. And how do you tell if the ball joints need replaceing? Any thing else I should look at while I got the axle on the bench?

If you keep the shafts, unit bearings, and knuckles together the housing shouldn't matter. I just put my non disco outers and shafts in a disco housing with no problem. The only change I know of was in the knuckle /bearing, outer shaft in 99ish. If you look at the wj high steer conversion thread from a few weeks ago it will explain it better. Let me know when you get rid of the knuckles.

I pretty much suck.

Back