• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brand new problem for the day :-)

CodyJames

NAXJA Forum User
So I took off from work like a normal day. Drove back home. Well there was a slow poke infront of me so I decided to pass him. I gave it some throttle, about 3/5 and it hits 2500 (+/- 100) rpms then it slowed some and made a "pa...pa" sound, then accelerated normal. I sounded liike it came form the tail pipe. I then gave it about 4/5 throttle at a stop light and it went "pa..pa.pa"

If your in KS its probably cold out like here in MO the contraction of metal could have caused a leak at the points were the cats connect to pipe causing a different back pressure than before. look at in morning when you first start it and see if you can see fumes coming from any where they shouldn't. could be that or could be just that its colder outside than it has been? Had this problem with a toyota that i ran w/o cats had double cherry bombs instead fixed the leaks and no more pops. Mine leaked in front of the first cherry bomb were the cat should have been.

Back