• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window Switch

RottenDog

NAXJA Forum User
87 XJ 2 door

I was wondering if I could make the passenger door window stock switch work as a standalone circuit independent of the driver’s door switch.

My passenger window is currently inoperable. It has not ever worked from the passenger side switch, but did from the driver’s switch. It has always been slow so about five months ago I did the modification for the windows by creating a separate circuit via the battery lug. Performance for the driver’s window increased and a noticeable improvement for the passenger side. However, in the last couple of weeks the passenger side has started to slow again until now it no longer works (no up, no down).

First thing I am going to do is check for the cracked wires along the window harness, but I would like to bypass that with a new wiring and circuit. I will test with power directly to the window motor to check it out, too. My power locks haven’t worked in years and I don’t care at this point.

I just want simple fix to get the passenger window up and down. Don’t need the switch on the driver’s door to operate the passenger side window.

Back