• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start no starter noise nothing

kevinofcamelot

NAXJA Forum User
For the past couple weeks every once in awhile I get into my 98 XJ and it will not start. I turn the key radio goes on everything works but nothing else, no starter noise nothing. I have to keep turning the key, messing with the AT shifter then it will start when it want to. Anyone else have this problem?

i have a 98' and had same issue...mine was crappy connection at battery, cleaned posts and ground wire connections...fired right up....had allready rebiult/cleaned the NSS....

I had a no start issue on my '92 also with no starter noise so I cleaned up the battery terminals and connectors and she fired right up. Sweet. I drove to the junkyard (Jeeps Unlimited) to look for a front sway bar since I lost mine years ago. I wanted to pay $40 for one and they wanted $100. I said "no thanks" and left. But the Jeep wanted to stay. I know because I turned the key and once again there was nothing. All instruments worked and the fuel pump came on but there was only a single click. I thought it might be the NSS but I thought to check the starter first. I tried jumping the starter from the battery and nothing. I went back inside and aksed the guy "how much for a starter?" He said "40 bucks" so I said o.k. Then they even lent me tools to swap it teh parking lot. I think tomorrow I'll bring them some Bud long necks.

Back