• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

think this is fixable?

CrazyEli

NAXJA Forum User
!B8OSIHQ!2k~$(KGrHqV,!i0EzNqw7wFPBM2bG+,tN!~~_12.JPG

so do you think i can just bend it back with pliers or is there some other tool that would work better? im worried about the cap not sealing tight. i hope this pic posts up.

Thanks

Not sure on your actual question but I can't help but notice the rad is painted. I had terrible cooling results with painted cooling fins. Just throwing that out there.

Personally I would call the company and send it back. They could have done a better job of packing the radiator and avoided this. If you keep it I would not use pliers. I would take it to a good radiator shop, they should be able to reshape the neck opening.

looks like your typical chinese radiator from the BOTTOM of the pallet. ive gotten a couple like that, 2 personally, and a buddy had 1, we've bent 2 back succesfully, and 1 just would not seal right, and was replaced... so im batting .666 . i just bend them back with channelocks.

Where in Montana are you? If you're in or near Helena, I can recommend a reputable radiator shop that will fix it cheap. Otherwise, I'd contact the company you purchased it from and ask for a replacement.

i go to school in havre but my partents live in missoula so i go there often. so basically i should just take it to a radiator shop to get it fixed? i bought this knowing that it was bent. and yes csf. thanks for all the quick posts! and how would i go about removing the paint?

I know a CSF can be fixed. I delt with it twice, they sent me a second one that looked just like that, finally they adjusted the price, and I took it to a radiator shop and had them braze on a new neck. took the guy about five mins, and it worked flawlessly. I want to say he charged me around $20 bucks for it.

Justin

Last edited:
i go to school in havre but my partents live in missoula so i go there often. so basically i should just take it to a radiator shop to get it fixed? i bought this knowing that it was bent. and yes csf. thanks for all the quick posts!

I suspected it was CSF, they're not known for their quality packaging. Any decent radiator shop should be able to fix that quick and easy, or you could call CSF and ask for a replacement. Offer to send them a picture, chances are they'll ship another one out to you along with a return goods packing slip for UPS.

thanks for all your help! so here is a tricky question.... abut how much do you think to get it fixed? a ball park is better than nothing because i am just another poor college student.

Thanks

woops didnt see your post mt mike. so im lookin at around $20, that is not too bad at all. this is the csf 3 row, anybody have any good/bad comments for them?

woops didnt see your post mt mike. so im lookin at around $20, that is not too bad at all. this is the csf 3 row, anybody have any good/bad comments for them?

I've been running my 3 row CSF for almost 1.5 years, no issues. Just installed one in a bud's heep 2 months ago, also no issues. Good radiators/shitty packaging.

oh well it doesnt really matter that much cuz i dont have the stroker yet. but from what i can tell this is one of the best radiatiors for a cherokee so i should be good to go.

a single or double row will cool better than a 3 row. more surface area.

I'll take copper/brass over aluminum any day of the week, they are harder more corrosion resistant metals and thus the tubes can be thinner... and copper has nearly twice the thermal conductivity as aluminum. Oh, and you can solder them back together if you puncture one on the trail.

Should be easy to get that fixed.

Also, looks like CSF uses the same shipping/packing company as TransStar :bs: bigass box with an expensive part rattling around inside it = not cool. I was lucky my reman torque converter from them was not damaged in shipping, it beat the crap out of the box.

Back