• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushing life time

We're not mind readers. What bushings? Year model, motor, etc?

You will need to provide us with a little more information... such as what type of bushings (rubber or poly) and what they are used for (control arms, leaf spring eyelets or trac bar).

Leaf spring bushings should last at least 5 years depending upon how much you flex them out. The Rubicon Express leaf springs I used for eight years had eyelet bushings that lasted more than 8 years before I recently sold them.

Charles

Last edited:
Question: when you installed the OME kit, did you follow the instructions about not tightening the bolts until the full weight of the vehicle was resting on the leafs? If not, then that is why your bushings didn't last. If you did, then contact OME/4wd.com and see how good their customer satisfaction programs are.

Last edited:
Question: when you stalled the OME kit, did you follow the instructions about not tightening the bolts until the full weight of the vehicle was resting on the leafs? If not, then that is why your bushings didn't last. .

The Jeep was on the ground weight fully on on the suspension before I tightened and torqued the bolts.

If you did, then contact OME/4wd.com and see how good their customer satisfaction programs are.

Funny you should ask. I actually emailed them earlier this week and they are going to replace them.

Mine (OEM from QuadraTech) did this (at least the shackle end ones, have not checked the leaf eye ones), probably because I was a 'tard and tightened the bolts before the jeep was back on the ground.

flexes better once they are blown :looney:

my rustys leaf bushings lasted about 3 months....consider yourself lucky

Back