• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS BRAKES QUESTION

chopperz

NAXJA Forum User
I HAVE AND 01' W ABS BRAKES. IM PUTTING IN A HP30 UP FRONT AND A 44 IN THE REAR. MY QUESTION IS "DO I NEED TO BYPASS OR DO SOMETHING W THE ABS HOSES SINCE I WONT HAVE ABS ON THE SWAP AXLES?

abs hoses? or electrical for the sensor. The brakes will work as a non abs, tie the sensor wires out of the way and pull the relay and or fuses. Just remember when it comes time to sell make sure you disclose it as an altered vehicle for the next guys insurance. We all know how sue happy everyone is.

Not sure if you just want to be rid of the ABS or if you can get it going with the new axle.
You could install tone rings onto the axle stubs and mount your old sensors on the
knuckes. The knuckles are pre drilled and tapped for the ABS sensors.

Not sure if you just want to be rid of the ABS or if you can get it going with the new axle.
You could install tone rings onto the axle stubs and mount your old sensors on the

How much work would be involved in getting ABS to work on a say a Chrysler 8.25? I am fairly mechanically inclined but I am pretty new to working on my vehicle.

Was hoping someone could break it down for me, cuz ABS is really nice to have.

I would but I dont know what tone rings!

I guess you know the tone rings look like a 60 tooth gear. It's actualy pressed onto the axle shafts. There's a guy on this forum that did a detailed write-up on installing the ABS hardware onto a Dana 44. It involvrd a trip to the local machine shop to take down the axle diameter to acheive an interferance fit with the tone rings. You can find tone rings from the dealer but I'd search for them via MOPAR online dealers. Chopperz, you should be able to pull the shafts out of your low pinion Dana 30 and install them straight into the Hi pinion.

Back