• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions before I buy a lift.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on getting a 4.5" RE super flex kit this week with 33's and had a few questions.Do I need to run a slip yoke eliminator?Also,do I need a drop pitman arm for the steering.Would you guys recomend an Old Man Emu steering stabilizer or is there a better brand.And as far as quick disconnects would you go with RE or is it worth the extra money to get the JKS?Thanks in advance.

Im about that high, and run neither a steering stabalizer, nor a drop pitman arm.

a lot of people say the jks stuff is better, but i dont run a swaybar, so cant offer advice there.

you will want to install a SYE at that height, especially if youve got a later model.... but im positive there are people that high, who dont run them.... but it's the RIGHT thing to do... im glad i got mine over and done with personally.

and pushing 33's, it'll be easy to tweak your steering, might want to start planning new stronger steering, dont want to be stuck, offroading in LA is non existant, and a tow back from the other side of LA isnt cheap.

It's a 94 and it will be my daily driver since I don't want to put too many miles on my Duramax.I don't mind spending the money to get it done right.Should I re gear it to run 33's?What's required to run 35's?I am planning on getting the new Bushwacker flat fenders and worry that with the 33's it will look funny with too much wheel well space.Thanks

35's basically require built axles, not just re-geared. think of 35's as another step past 33's. 35's will break stock stuff quickly.

you will want to re-gear for 33's, allthough some people can live without it. i run 4.56 with 33's, and love it. if you think you might want 35's, re-gear to 4.88, it'll be cool on 33's, then ideal on 35's..

i think 33's/4.5" lift is idea, heres a pic with fiberglass fenders, they show more gap then bushwackers im sure. 33's, 4.5" http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4659/dscn0191m.jpg

Welcome to lots of broken down moments.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

I got the RE 4.5" kit about 3+ years ago.

Overall, it's decent. But, if you can upgrade to their higher end track-bar with double sheer frame side track bar bracket, I would suggest you do.

Also, I personally didn't like the RE leafs, and they will not warrenty them (my experience only, YMMV). After they started to sag, I swapped them out for some used Deavers from a So Cal member, and am happy.

Also, I think the drop brackets are a good idea, especially if you plan to Daily Drive it. It makes a huge difference in ride qality (again, my experience, YMMV).

Oh, and there is a member in So Cal chapter selling axles geared to 4.56 (and locked I think)... they would be good for 33" tires.

And, if you plan on wheeling, make sure you plan sometihing to bump stop the rear. The kit comes with no rear bump stops.

I got the kit used for $200 which is only the upper and lowers track bar and springs.I plan to buy jks quick disconnects,Crown brake lines,bilstein shocks including steering stabilizer,currie bump stops and rustys engine skid and xfer cas and gas tank skids too.

Back