• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabbing Trackbar mounts for DW cure for cheap

metrohick

NAXJA Forum User
Hola dudes!

I've got a few issues with the DW and I was on Kevins Offfroad and saw a cure by using the stock trackbar location but he sells a dropped version as a bolt on fix with the harder poly bushings n sleeves to replace the inner bushings in say a JKS bar etc.

I want to do this but save $$$ where I can. I noticed Ruff Stuff mounts are cheap and beefy and I think that dude is the BOMB for what he did for me 2 years ago! That said, I'm wondering which hardware to go for and whether or not to go OTK. I've got the reamer so....

Has anyone fabbed up a trackbar mount with this hardware and modified the JKS bar? Kind of a waste for the JKS bar but I can use the Johnny joint elsewhere.

I'm @ 5.5-6" now and I gotta slap this together asap as I'm gettin the orange stickers on the XJ on stands for 12 days lol in front of my house and words like "shanty" are coming up with some neighbors and I'm dying to wheel this rig already!!!

Any thoughts XJers besides targeting lawn jobs for those accusing me of shanty digs!

Thanks

Unless you have all the parts and tools on hand, it is cheaper and faster to buy a Heavy Duty frame mount and a Double Shear Track Bar. Kevin has a decent product, but it is still just a stock bracket.

Iron Rock Off Road has a solid TB and HD mount.

Back