• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone have the JCR light rack?

I’m trying to decide whether I should buy a separate light rack or buy a basket rack with light mounts. Decisions, decisions………

LightBar2.jpg

for what its worth. i would rather have a separate light bar and rack. that way you can remove the light bar/lights when not needed. and dont have to worry about someone stealing the lights.

for what its worth. i would rather have a separate light bar and rack. that way you can remove the light bar/lights when not needed. and dont have to worry about someone stealing the lights.

I’m leaning towards that also……….. Do you have any basket rack brands that you recommend?

id say look through some pics or them on jeeps and find one that you like. i would go with as light as possible, but strong enough for what you plan to put in it. i plan to make my own out of aluminum if i find the need for one. but i am fortunate to be able to do so.

umm, JCR

Have you ever had this happen to you?

I for one, if they are gona take the time to climb on top of my jeep sit on my rack in the middle of the day. Un-bolt my lights then cut the wires. Hell they can steal the dam lights if there gona go threw that and dident get caught eather.

I have a rack that came on my jeep and I welded light tabs on it when I first got it. Well a year later I was tired of not being able to get into garages. So I pulled it off and built new tabs that dropped the lights down to sit about an inch above the cab. They sit lower to the cab then the JCR's light rack. I love mine because I dont get any glare off my hood. I can now pull into garages, and it looks good with the 4 hella 500's I have up there because they sit low profile.

yeah no one is gonna steal your lights, If you really feel the need use security nuts. When I buy a rack im going for the olympic top hat because it stretches the whole length of the roof. That way I can mount forward and reverse lights on it.

its good for knocking leaves out of trees too.. lol

Back