• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 front axle

none, there all gonna take fab work.. unless you can find the front 44 out of a south american XJ

Forgot about the Rubicon one.. but those are expensive and isn't it not a "true" Dana 44... uses the same outers as the 30 right? also is known for very weak tubes

Rubicon 44's are not worth the money people are selling them for IMO.
considering they are typically geared to 4.10, have a thicker ring gear than a dana30, and come factory with a selectable locker... your still gaining something superior to a dana30 and are saving a little bit of money not paying for labor. that alone may make enough of a difference for someone to overlook the fact that it is low pinion. remember, a lot of the TJ guys wheel them hard with no ill effects.

Forgot about the Rubicon one.. but those are expensive and isn't it not a "true" Dana 44... uses the same outers as the 30 right? also is known for very weak tubes

just as weak as your dumb little 30

considering they are typically geared to 4.10, have a thicker ring gear than a dana30, and come factory with a selectable locker... your still gaining something superior to a dana30 and are saving a little bit of money not paying for labor. that alone may make enough of a difference for someone to overlook the fact that it is low pinion. remember, a lot of the TJ guys wheel them hard with no ill effects.

rubicon 44's are a d30 axle with 44 interntals i believe dont quote me but i think thats what they are

You are correct. The center section is Dana 44, but with smaller Dana 30 tubes and outers. I'm running one on my Cherokee and it works well. I got it cheap without axles from a guy in my club. All I had to do was buy the axles and I was able to reuse the brakes and spindles off of my Dana 30. It was a direct bolt in.

just for for the 60
Hell, in tha case, go for he custom flipped 14 bolt. Probably about the strongest front axle you can get outside of a Rockwell...oh wait, he's lookin at a 44...;)

I think the JK Rubicon is considerably stronger than the TJ version. Don't think it's bolt in anymore though.

I think the JK Rubicon is considerably stronger than the TJ version. Don't think it's bolt in anymore though.

I think the JK ones are quite a bit wider though.

Go Waggy 44 and have someone weld on one of THESE and you have a super cool bolt on 44.

i have a dana 44 from an 78 ford its really only about 2 inches wider cause i was running a 15x10 rim and i now switched to a 15x8 rim plus it will be harder to roll a bead and i really like having the hubs its probably the best 44 front and closest youll find imo

Back